Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Another Christmas eve. Another year of working retail during the holidays. What joy...

I am pretty sure retail ruins Christmas for a lot of it's employees. We have to deal with pissed off customers all day on the day before Christmas because they waited until the last minute to do their shopping. Then they act surprised when we don't have the products they're looking for. Which leads to more anger and complaints. Which just leads to more headaches for us. To put it simply, "fuck off!" We're human beings too and we have families and friends. We were just smart enough to shop before the last minute.

I am spending another Christmas/New Years without my family. It really sucks. What sucks most is that I don't even have all that many family members left to spend the holidays with if I wanted to. Luckily I have made a few friends up here so I get to go to their party and watch all them be happy while I sit back and pretend I want to be there. The alcohol should help with that. Hopefully this year I won't wake up Christmas morning in the ER. That concussion still causes me problems from time to time.

That's all I care to write right now, not in the best of moods.

"He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." -Roy L. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment