Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Popping the Ikea Cherry

Today I took RC to Ikea. He had never been there. We needed some cheap furniture to organize the place a little bit and figured that would probably be the best place to go. Fortunately the only one that exists in Washington is only about 20-30 minutes from us.

I thought it was great that he was able to set aside his pomposity for a while and find cheap stuff that would work for him. Their furniture isn't something I would recommend for people that own a home and intend to keep the stuff for years, but it's certainly great for the college aged person and for people that want cheap easy temporary furniture.

I was able to express a little bit of my design knowledge and get stuff that didn't break the bank. I don't know if it makes me sound too gay, but I like the idea of room/house design or interior decorating, I tend to have a ton of ideas that seem to work well. I can usually picture an entire room with new stuff in it and see how it'll look before anything is actually in there. Enough talk about me and designing :P

RC was also able to experience the shopping carts that don't have locking wheels (probably the best part of Ikea!)

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Design is knowing which ones to keep." -Scott Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment