I was listening to some country music today and heard Darius Ruckner's song "Alright." It reminded me about enjoying life and appreciating the things I have and not worrying about the things I don't have. If one day I have tons of money, a nice house, and a fast car I should enjoy it then, but since I don't, why worry about it? Life is alright.
I was reading up on some PUA routines and articles and came to the realization that selling stuff is a lot like running game. There are different phases you have to go through to get the woman or the sale. There is a 7 part model I was reading about and was able to relate it all to selling computers.
Open
Transition
Attract
Qualify (ok this one I can't quite correlate yet)
Comfort
Seduction
Relationship
You open a customer by asking a question. You then transition to the item you want to sell. You build attraction to the item. (skipping qualify for now) You make sure they're comfortable with the item you're selling. Then you seduce/make the sale. If you wish to continue you can create a relationship and have future sales with the same customer.
I found it kind of interesting. Taking into account that I'm studying psychology and like learning about people and the interactions between people, I thought it was great that I could take something that comes naturally to me (selling) and apply it to other aspects of my life (picking up women). I've been working on some openers that I could safely use at work. Haven't quite come up with anything yet, but I think work is going to be a lot more fun with my current mentality. It will be more than just repeating the same stuff about the same computers to different people. Every customer is going to be a new challenge to overcome and a new clean slate to work out my formulas.
"Appreciate what you do, appreciate the small things, appreciate the people that are there for you. Enjoy life." -Ryan Smith
you listen to country music?
ReplyDeleteI most definitely do.
ReplyDelete