Thursday, July 16, 2009

Work

After waiting a month or so to get any interviews, then getting a bunch all at once, then not getting called or declining half of them, I finally have a job. This morning was the final of 3 interviews at Best Buy. I got hired as a computer sales associate (nothing great, but it pays the bills). It was what I was doing for Circuit City for a while, but I'll be wearing blue instead of red this time.

The job is part time though he said I would probably start around 25 hours/week and can get more based on performance. It's enough to pay bills so that's cool. The pay is actually a bit better than Circuit City so although I'm working fewer hours I won't be making much less than I did. The store I'm at has been pretty busy every time I walked into it, so that's a definite plus. I hate just having to stand around and make busy work or wait for customers. Lots of customers makes for more sells and faster shifts.

Unfortunately I had to turn down Staples which I was kind of bummed about. I think the managers and I would have worked well together. They had similar personalities as me, but c'est la vie.

"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind" -Aristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment