Some things I can't stand in life...
The list of things I can't stand in life is very short:
Liars
Dumb People
Good People Who Choose To Do Bad Things
Add some other minor annoyances and that about covers it
The number one thing that I can't stand is stupid people in traffic. I am living in Laurelhurst next to the university and I have been driving across the northern bridge of Lake Washington just about daily for job interviews and such. (BTW I got the job at Best Buy) If you want to drive westbound on that bridge you'll have to make sure you have about an hour or two to get across, even though it only spans about 2 miles. The other day I was driving eastbound which is generally pretty quick and it took me about an hour to get to the bridge and across. WTF.
OK traffic sucks and any big city is going to have traffic. I don't mind the time it takes me to get places I understand the process. I wake up earlier and leave earlier to get somewhere on time. The thing I can't stand is people not following the rules or people constantly switching lanes or people just being dumb and impatient in general. Those morons need to recognize that if no one did anything like that, the traffic would move a lot faster maybe even to the point where there would be no slowdown...
I constantly see people in the carpool lanes with 1 person in the car, or people staying in the merge lane as long as they can to get 3 cars ahead of where they were... people moving lanes or cutting other people off instead of merging as they know they should. It's very frustrating, especially when I can't figure out what time to leave to get somewhere on time when my travel time can vary by over an hour. Meh! /endrant
"Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic" -Dan Rather
No comments:
Post a Comment