Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Walk In The Clouds

I think it's a great movie. If you haven't seen it I definitely recommend it. It's a great love story starring Keanu Reeves and Aitana Sanchez-Gijon.

Other than it being a great love story it reminds me of my culture. One thing that I really want in life is to learn a bit more about my family and their culture. I have very little contact with the mexican side of my family. I regret that I was never given the opportunity to be raised in a full mexican family. I lost my father (who was white) when I was about 7 or 8 and was raised only by my mother. Of course my mother is mexican, but being raised in the middle of california didn't really contribute to a mexican raising.

I would have loved to have been raised in the middle of the mexican culture. The respect for family and the love of one another. I don't mean to say that I don't respect my family and of course I love them, but I get a different feeling when I look at a mexican family.

I don't know if I can really explain what I am thinking. It seems like that culture promotes such a love for life that I have yet to find anywhere else. A love for life that I wish was ingrained in me. Perhaps one day I will figure it out for myself and perhaps be able to explain it better.

"Happiness is like a cloud, if you stare at it long enough, it evaporates." -Sarah Mclachlan

No comments:

Post a Comment