Monday, July 13, 2009

Too Much

Long day...

I had two interviews today, one for Staples at 1 and one for Best Buy at 5. Staples seemed really great, the general manager and assistant manager I interviewed with seem really fun. They're laid back and sarcastic, which fits my personality. They both really liked me and want to hire me, though they're only hiring part time. I mentioned I had another interview and a job offer already, so the manager seemed like she was trying to convince me to work there. Kind of odd being convinced to work somewhere I applied to given it's taken this long to find any sort of job.

The Best Buy interview went well, spoke to one of the managers there, he seemed down to earth and nice. Unfortunately with them I have to do a follow-up interview (always annoying) and before then (Thursday) I have to go get a drug test done (not a problem). In the past when I interviewed with them they didn't give me the drug test paperwork so maybe it's a good sign they did. We'll see what the General Manager thinks on Thursday. Until then Staples is waiting for my answer.

I called the car dealership and wrote them off. I don't think selling cars is for me. My current dilemma is if Best Buy offers me a job with similar pay as Staples, who do I choose? It seems like I will be able to work up the management ladder really fast at Staples as they don't have a lot of employees and are already talking to me about being a Lead when one opens up. (I know a lot of employers do this to build interest in the job, but I got a good vibe) The assistant manager jokingly offered to quit her job several times so that I could have her position. Hmm... The downside is that there are very few employees that work there so networking won't be as good as it would be at Best Buy. Being completely new to Seattle, I really want to network and get to know people. Both jobs are part-time and I'm sure both will offer similar compensation, though I don't know what either is offering yet. I guess I'll figure out things after Best Buy actually puts an offer on the table.

Out for now. Peace.

"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." -H.L. Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment