Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bummed

I definitely need to make sure I post more often. I don't even know if anyone reads this, but I am going to make an effort to post a little more often than once a month.

Recently life has handed me a few bad lemons...

I have been in a funk for a while and it seems to be my social life (or lack thereof) driving me nuts. It's like a prolonged feeling of cabin fever. Where you're stuck in doors all day because you have no one to go see or nothing to do. The rain hasn't helped a whole lot either.

A friend of mine, from Sacramento, was talking to me and was suggesting I move back because she needed a roommate so she wouldn't have to move. I laughed at the idea because moving back after only 6 months would seem kind of lame. As I thought about it more and more and life became less and less social I decided it would be a good idea. I have a fairly decent network of friends in Sacramento, so I know I would definitely be happier down there.

I am currently awaiting word from the Natomas Best Buy about a position in their store. If I don't get a transfer I may not be able to move back to Cali. *fingers are crossed*

In other news I recently went through a 2 week bout with tonsillitis, strep throat and a tonsilliary abscess. I finally ended up going to a clinic, promptly followed by a visit to the hospital, after I woke up one morning and my mouth/throat definitely did not look like it was supposed to. My uvula and throat seemed to be shifted over to the left side of my mouth because of a tonsilliary abscess in the right side. I could hardly drink, eat, talk, or breathe. I sounded like I had a mouth full of mashed potatoes when I tried talking. Anywho, the doctor took care of it and I was instantly feeling better. I got some antibiotics and was on my way. The only thing I have to worry about now is finding a way to pay for it all.

During this phase of sickness I also managed to get my first speeding ticket :( I wasn't happy about that and could definitely have used that money. I still think the speed limit should be higher than 30 on a road that wide, but I guess I don't make the laws.

That's about all that is interesting in life for the time being.

I'm glad I have at least one friend up here who is keeping me somewhat sane as I struggle to get a job transfer and return to happiness. Thank you.

"I just wake up and say, you're a bum, go do something worthwhile today." -Garth Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment