Friday, June 26, 2009

First

Well I set this thing up like 2 weeks ago and have yet to post anything. Dealing with moving and trying to find work, I haven't had as much time as I would like to write. I also haven't been feeling very creative.

I have started settling in, but it still hasn't really hit me that I am living in a new state, further than I've ever been from home and family. I'm optimistic about being here though. I am looking forward to finding and meeting new people, seeing new things and places.

The place that I'm living in, isn't the best place ever. It is kind of small, lots of interior building damage (it's going to be torn down after we leave) so the owner didn't really care to fix it up. It will do for now. We're really close to the University of Washington and there should be plenty of people around to meet.

As I mentioned I'm currently looking for work in the area. I just went through a preliminary screening at Best Buy yesterday. We'll see if I get an interview call this coming week. I went to a crappy job fair on Tuesday that didn't really have much to offer, but I applied with Helzberg Diamonds and Apple One employment agency. I really need to get a job soon as California unemployment seems to think I can't work because I am living here... haven't gotten a check in a few weeks and got a phone interview for July 18th.

I apologize in advance for any grammatical or spelling errors in any of my posts, I use stream of consciousness when I type and purposely don't go back and correct anything. You get my thoughts straight from my head.

"From quiet homes and first beginning
Out to the undiscovered ends
There's nothing worth the wear of winning
But laughter and the love of friends." -Hilaire Belloc

No comments:

Post a Comment